Recent_Comments

Sunday, January 2, 2011

C'est La Vie

Haha, I just looked up the English definition of that phrase. Still laughing.

My "that's life" moment today was the great vegan ice cream experiment. Mint chocolate chip with.... kale. Remember I wrote about that just days ago? Well, the experiment concluded today. Epic fail. Tastes just like minty kale. File this under "what was I thinking" and move on to the next flavor. I'm mostly sad about this because I had that beautiful organic kale, and now its compost. Insert frown here.

Most of my day was planned around making, then eating, said vegan ice cream. When that didn't happen, I turned to what I often do: running. At least I was able to fit that in. Perhaps the Universe didn't want me eating any ice cream, considering its a big week at the gym. We had a little motivator going in our boot camp class between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Our great boot camp instructor (Hi Halley!) offered up a program we could participate in, or not. Put the appointed money in the kitty pool, and sign up for either a 5 or 10 pound weight loss, or staying the same. I opted in the program, and kept it realistic with the goal of keeping stable over the time. Weigh ins are tomorrow, but.... our Save a Turtle meetings start up again tomorrow at the same time (hooray! turtle season is coming!) so I will be weighed in next class. So maybe I do owe the Universe a big note of thanks for kale ice cream tanking. A huge volume of baked goods and other great food poured out of my kitchen in the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's. It was pretty challenging at times to keep sight of my goals. On percentages, I did well most days, but was it good enough?

So, as mentioned, turtle meetings start again tomorrow. Mr. Happy Vegan still offers up his time as a Board member for Save a Turtle of the Florida Keys. There's great ideas being bantered about for the upcoming season ahead. Its time to think about mobilizing for bigger beach cleanups, and time to think ahead for the training needed, as well as the time needed for beach walking and continuing on as a stranding & salvage volunteer. Both of us intend to continue volunteering our time with Save a Turtle of the Florida Keys, and I'm already thinking about hatchlings bursting out of the sand, scrambling to sea.

I think the high temperature here today was about 76, humidity was relatively low, and we had another glorious January day on Big Pine Key. Have you dug yourself out of your snowbank yet and checked on flights? Whatcha waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment