Recent_Comments

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Happy New Year! Welcome to 1/1/11. Yes, today welcomes the New Year. As Oprah says, "another chance to get it right." A blank sheet in front of us in terms of possibilities, wouldn't you agree? I always am so happy to turn the calendar away from December, and move ahead to a perceived time of "tutto e possible" (forgive any misspellings!)

I'm not sure how it happened, but I overslept this morning. That is so not good when half of my job says "breakfast" in it. Thankfully I had done all of my prep yesterday, so it was easy to make up the time, at least this morning. I enjoyed my coffee (no resolution here to drink less of that stuff!), read the paper, and relaxed after chores. We then headed out to a New Year's Intuitive Arts Fair being held this weekend on Big Pine. There were several healers on site, and one of my favorites was here, a man named Digby, who has an amazing wealth of knowledge about crystals, stones, amulets, and so forth. I think he's from the Orlando area, but not positive about that. I went over to see him. I had searched 4 years for a special object, and finally found what I was looking for with him last year. Then, in October I found that long searched for, and very treasured object, broken on my floor. I couldn't believe it. So, Digby was here, and I began looking over his display. I found a beautiful Ganesh ring with an amethyst stone set within. I'd never seen anything like it. I tried it on. It was so beautiful. I love the Ganesh, and what it represents (simplifying the lore, the Ganesh is the remover of obstacles). I placed the ring aside, knowing it was coming home with me. I asked if he had any more of the objects like the one I bought last year that had shattered... he did. He pulled out a box with several items, and let me go through them all.

I was told by my friend Marney that sometimes our crystals and stones "take one for the team" meaning they will sacrifice themselves for us when needed. She told me that is very possible with my special object that I found broken. Then, while at the Fair, a woman named Debra who works with crystals and more told me that perhaps the message from my broken object is that I was putting too much energy into it, relying upon it too much. I had never considered either perspective, and I welcomed the information. I didn't overthink selecting a new special object. I found one I liked, much more simple than my broken one, and purchased it with the ring.

As we were leaving the Fair, Mr. Happy Vegan and I contemplated stopping for a bite to eat, or maybe an iced tea. We kind of looked at each other and both decided "why?" Everything we could possibly want is home, so let's go home. And, we did.

A nap awaited, and all the kitties around here welcomed me home. I ventured into the garden to check on an incubating monarch in chrysalis. He's still there; today was not his birthday. Maybe tomorrow. Then, I decided to go for a run. It was 76 degrees when I checked the temp. The sky here today was so bright blue, it almost hurt to see it. Not a cloud in the sky. About 25 minutes in, a runner's high hit. Doesn't happen all the time, but today oh, yeah.

I added about 45 minutes of strength training to the end of the run, and about 1/4 mile from home, a tall figure literally sprinted by me. I had my iPod on, even so, I heard him coming, he was so fast. As he whizzed past, it took a second for me to realize who it was.... world renowned author of "The World Peace Diet" and inn-friend, Dr. Will Tuttle. I cannot recommend Dr. Tuttle's book enough. I have a signed copy which I've read it several times, and I love it. There's so much information in there, Dr. Will is really an amazing talent with a very important message. So, out on the street I called out "WILL!" Definitely scared the heck out of him, he whirled around, already pretty far ahead of me and hollered back "WHO ARE YOU???" and then I laughed because I'm a runner's wreck after one and a quarter hours on the street, never with any right mind would I want anyone to recognize me. After duly identifying myself, we hugged and I welcomed him back into town. We had a visit, and I admit I felt pretty guilty interrupting his run, I probably should've just caught his tailwind and let it carry me the last bit home.

All in all, my year has started out fantastic. I made no resolutions. None. I never live up to them anyway, so I stopped kidding myself. Instead, I'm looking ahead at the endless possibilities. This year, we're going to save the world, one veg meal at a time. Wouldn't that be great? Yeah, I know, I know, not gonna happen, but I'm doing it anyway.

Happy New Year. What will YOU do this year? Fix yourself a veggie burger, have some salad, and mull it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment