Recent_Comments

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miscellaneous Ramblings. Again.

Oh poo, I spoke too soon. Did the Universe interpret my last post as being boastful? I'm sorry Universe, I didn't mean it! The weather suddenly turned cool; cold to me. Woke up to low 60s this morning, BRR! Add the wind on top of that and double, triple & quadruple BRR!

I woke up once again super extra early. I should be done with my run already, but I'm not. I cannot get motivated, I'm too cold!

When I was on vacation in the northeast, it was September. The island I chose was downright frigid at that time, unpleasant 40s upon waking. Twice I attempted runs in that ridiculous cold, didn't happen. The first attempt, after my warm up, my ankle crumpled upon my very first running step. I was not prepared to run in that weather, mentally or physically. The 2nd attempt, well the pain from the crumpled ankle was too much, I retreated back to my home base. So, here I am. Cold. I dug out my decades old chenille robe and only wish I could wear it everywhere I go today.

I hear it will be in the 70s most of the next few days. I shall push my outdoor activities to later in the day to take advantage of the warmth. Last night, we went to No Name Pub for our friend Cindy's birthday celebration. Most of us showed up in long sleeves, jackets, long pants, and wise Bonnie even had her boots on. It was about 70 degrees..... so many of us should simply be called "tender foot." We had good food, and I brought a birthday cake for Cindy that I made to order for her.... lemon cake with lemon icing, her favorite.

I think birthdays are way more fun down here. I made a comment last night that I felt age was irrelevant living down here. Someone commented back they didn't necessarily agree because I was one of the "youngers" at the table (ha and how refreshingly unusual!) But I did my best to explain it this way... down here, the people I meet are amazing. I do not measure someone by the state of their career, how may degrees they may hold, or any other ways one can calculate someones age by figuring the math of work & education history. It was not like that in the environment I used to be in, rather it was quite different. I think I've expressed that on my writings here, and I think my life today stands as an example of my thinking this way. So, I do really feel that age is irrelevant, I finally realized that living here. Maybe if I got picked up and transported anywhere else I would think differently, perhaps not. Being surrounded by the nature and the people here has changed me, very much so, for the better. When its someones birthday, I don't wonder how old they are. I think what can I bake, how can we celebrate, how can the time best be filled. That's all I wonder, and maybe that's why I surprised even myself this year and embraced my own Virgo time.

I hope I get inspired for my exercise later. Today I've got a chore list as long as my right arm, now I've got to add another chore.... make soup. Don't care what kind, I'll rummage in the fridge and see what's there. If I time this just right, it will be ready & waiting after I trudge through the snow drifts later on today....

No comments:

Post a Comment