Recent_Comments

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ahhhhh...... SUN!

After quite a dreary week with constant downpours, localized flooding and basically turning into a mushroom, the sun is back! Hello Mr. Sun, I've missed you.

We've been pretty lucky again. Paula, which was a very compact storm, jigged one way, headed over Cuba where the mountains shredded her apart, and then continued away from the Keys. Despite this, we had a few outer rain bands head over the lower Keys, plus another low pressure system which seemed to sit over us in Southern Florida for days (and nights) on end. Our house has a metal roof.... great for safety and energy efficiency, not so great for me trying to sleep during a downpour.

Some people say rain is soothing, that it seems to clean the air and everything around. Perhaps, to some degree. But after days on end of "cleansing and soothing" I'm ready for some sunshine and gentle breezes. I woke this morning about 6am and actually dragged myself out of bed. This was one of my last days off for quite a while, so getting up around 6 was not really planned. I flipped open the drapes to clouds of darkness. Even the cats didn't budge. I promptly shut the drapes and crawled back into bed with the kitties. I stayed put for about another hour and finally dragged myself up.

It was still cloudy as I made my way through my morning newspaper, coffee & computer rituals. I did a few chores then saw a hole of blue appear through the clouds over the ocean. I thought "hmmm, that looks promising" so I put the running shoes on and off I went. As I was cruising through my paces, the clouds lifted, the sun came out, and dry winds swept through my path. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

I've felt like a mushroom, and now I feel free. The fog from my soul has lifted, its paradise down here, and we've got a perfect weekend on tap. Ahhh... let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment