Recent_Comments

Monday, May 24, 2010

Still OK

Time marches on. Sadly, not much has changed with the status of the oil gusher in the Gulf since I last posted. Its spewing more than any official agency will publicly acknowledge, that much I believe. Here in the Keys, preparations are ongoing for whatever may come. We are still OK. No oil is here, the weather is spectacular, and quite a few of our guests have made it out to the living reef in the last several days for some stellar snorkeling.

Over the weekend I managed a weaselly 4 mile run. I was running once again in the heart of the day. The heat was just too much for the extra mile, or a bike ride to cap it off.

We're in the process of securing more HAZWOPER training here, "just in case." Our best public source of information remains http://www.fla-keys.com/ which has daily updates published by our Tourist Development Counsel. All agencies down here are being as proactive as possible, with the shared mission of getting the truth out.

I just want to make sure anyone reading this knows what the current status is, and where to get reliable information.

I saw 5 baby deer on my street this afternoon. Five gorgeous teeny endangered baby Key deer. Each time I see a bird, animal, fish, or even the scary bug that landed on me last night when I was about to walk in my house after dark, its a reminder to be vigilant, not waiver from our mission to protect life and land. We're on the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment