Recent_Comments

Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Hear Music. Again.


So... were you there, and I just didn't see you? Which did you choose.... Reggaefest, or Jahfe'. I was at Jahfe'. We arrived early, and secured a table right up front next to the dance floor. Had some food, and beverages of choice (do you really have to ASK again? Yes of course we had a designated driver silly, we always do!) We're eating, drinking and watching the band set up. Hooray for very large speakers being set into place. The sun went down, the crowd flowed in, and the blistering music started. Hey... over there... who's the 1st person on the dance floor....? It's Bonnie, adorable Bonnie! "Hi Bonnie!!"

Ooooo, I'm having a goooood time. Seeing people I know, cocktails flowing (personally I take my champagne with pineapple juice these days, thanks for asking) and really soaking this in. The tiki is open air. We're basking. I look up.... crystal clear night, stars everywhere. Its kind of surreal at this point, seriously, what did I do so RIGHT to deserve this? Silently I thank the Universe, as energy pulsates all through the night air.

We're in the mix now.... having a great time. The hours are passing far too quickly. Oh no! Tomorrow of course is a work day... we HAVE to leave. But, wait! John & Kathleen show up exactly as we're leaving. This is so unfair! John is my regular reggae dance partner. Us: "Where the BLEEP have you been???" Them: "No Name Pub." 'nuff said. They order their drinks, and work pretty hard to get us to stay....there is no way, not this time. I admit sometimes this B&B morning stuff just is a buzz kill. Having been on the wrong side of a late night yet still having to rise & shine for work, I've learned just how far to push it. This was enough, and it still equaled some buyer's remorse upon waking.
We leave, roll down the windows in the car to hear the band as we drive down the street. That's done, flip on the CD player. Car dancing? Game on!

Home already? Hm.... a few glasses of water, and then the insurance policy to ward off the evil spirits of possibly too many cocktails.... pomegranate chip (vegan) ice cream. Pajamas. Sleep. Life is good.

Beep, beep, beep. 6am. Already?


No comments:

Post a Comment