Recent_Comments

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm new here


Hi. I'm Agatha Rain. I'm new here. I joined the Deer Run family about 3 weeks ago.

I used to have a family, but they went away. I was left abandoned in a building with no food and no water. I was discovered on Christmas Eve, and taken to a scary place that had lots of animals in jail cells. I didn't understand what I did wrong to end up there. Why was I left behind? Where was my family....the people who said they loved me when I was a cute kitten? Why didn't they love me enough when I grew up to take me along where they went? How could they just leave me like I was nothing!!! What did I do wrong? What????? I was very confused.

I got to the scary building, and some really nice people got me some needed medical care. I had these awful bites all over my body, and they hurt and itched so much I couldn't help myself, I scratched off a lot of my fur. It hurt, but the nice people who found me helped me with that too, and gave me lots of yummy food. I was so hungry, it had been a pretty long time for me trapped with nothing to eat or drink. I was still really scared though. There were lots of animals who were scared like me, and it was noisy.

I ended up in another jail cell but in a place where I was by myself. I remember a lot of people walking by my cage, and sticking their fingers in at me to try and touch me. I didn't like that. Then these 2 other people showed up, something was different about them. They stood back from the jail cell and softly spoke to me. They didn't try to touch me, or bang on my cell. They wanted to know about me, and I remember them looking at me while talking to the guard. After awhile, they came up to me and asked ME if they could hold me. I stuck my paw out to them right then and there! I was very excited, they asked ME for permission! So, when the door opened, I just about leaped into the ladies arms!!! I began to purr, but truthfully inside I was crying "please don't leave me here."

They heard me! They must have heard me! They carried me all around, softly rocking me and asking me if I trusted them enough to let them love me! I really wasn't about trust anymore.... I still don't know what I did wrong with my last mommy & daddy. It didn't matter though, I told them I would do my best to love again, so they took me home.

I have 2 sisters and a brother now, and its been a lot of adjusting for all of us. I am still really hungry all the time, I cannot believe I will always have food to eat, so I try and "steal" things. I don't mean to be bad, I just am afraid I'll be alone and hungry again. Mommy caught me eating lettuce out of a bowl. She looked very sad when she saw this happening. She said she understands that I am confused, and cannot trust things yet. Trust takes a long time.

I love finding sunny patches to roll around in. Mommy gave me this really weird stuff that makes me all silly. Whatever that is, don't let it end!

I sleep on mommy & daddy's office chair as much as possible. Its peaceful there, and the "others" cannot find me there. I don't like confrontations, and I am still pretty scared by the brother & sister situation. My fur is growing back in, and I don't itch anymore either.

I have a new doctor, he seems nice, but doctors aren't my thing, so I hope I don't have to go there much. I heard them talking saying I'm just fine.

Mommy says I am beautiful. I want to believe her, maybe in time I can trust things. Its pretty nice here, and I'd like to stay. They tell me all the time I'm permanent. Its hard to have your heart broken, and start over.

By the way.... I liked to be called Aggie, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment